The WTF Awards
We're building an army of female role models to balance the power of a male industry.
Everyone suffers when a woman or a minority - or a woman who is a minority - can’t get a seat at the table. Without them, we’re failing to leverage the full force of our collective brainpower. We’re missing out on better products. Faster innovation. A more prosperous and productive future for everyone.
• Access to today's most exciting innovators and leaders
• A diverse sisterhood with a powerful spirit of comradery
• Improv-driven hosts who use comedy as a weapon for social change
• A NATIONAL network of innovative female founders, investors, leaders, and talent
• A way to rise within the powerful women-in-tech ecosystem
1. Female founders connect to female investors
2. Investors find a uniquely qualified deal flow
3. Leaders find a pipeline of diverse, innovative, educated talent
4. New talent finds inspirational role models they can relate to
5. Innovative companies find the industry’s influencers
6. Leaders find a gratifying way to give back to the female community
Meet the 2017 Midwest Women in Tech Award Winners! Learn what drove these trailblazing innovators to create battle-ready businesses, and learn about the arsenal of strategies that will drive your mission to success.
Jamie Migdal, Founder of Fetchfind
Donna Beasley, Founder of Kazoom Kids Books
Dima Elisa, Founder of VisMed3D
Cayla Weisberg, Partner at InvestHER Ventures
Meet some of the Midwest's leading engineers and learn how you can navigate the minefields, and reap the rewards in this powerful industry.
See innovation in action and meet the female founders behind it. Hands-on demos, from wearable fashion to robotics.
Presented by JarBar
Presented by Microsoft
Take networking to a new level through wearable technology. Make the connections that matter and enjoy the experience! Share your interests and be matched to the people you came to discover.
Presented by Insperity
Meet the 2017 Midwest Women in Tech Award Winners! Learn what drove these trailblazing innovators to create battle-ready businesses and about the arsenal of strategies that will drive your mission to success. Stories from:
Katy Lynch, Founder of Codeverse
Caye Polanco, Founder of Keyo
Aviva Rosman, Founder of BallotReady
Shaniqua Davis, Founder of Noirefy
Marie Hale, Founder of @Revenue
Presented by UI Labs
What does the #MeToo Movement in Chicago mean for our corporations, government organizations, and private innovation spaces? Meet the Titans of the Midwest's Innovation Ecosystem as they engage in a discussion on the critical issues facing female leaders. From AI to cybersecurity, we'll help you navigate today's workplace from the female leadership perspective.
Be battle-ready and learn:
• The ramifications of current trends and conversations
• How today's organizations are embracing "the new normal"
• What you need to know to be ready for tomorrow's threats and opportunities
Andrea Zopp, CEO of World Business Chicago
Pallavi Verma, Senior Managing Director for Accenture
Caralynn Collens, CEO of UI Labs
60 students from underserved communities will be provided with a full day of opportunities to engage with role models and connect with the tech community.
Presented by JP Morgan Chase
Women Tech Founders is partnering with JP Morgan Chase Bank and other leaders to mentor 10 diverse and innovative startup companies who will compete in our 2nd Annual Pitch Event. Teams have been nominated by incubators and diverse communities throughout the Midwest and will be competing before investors for cash prizes and more.
We are all a thread in the talent tapestry. A snapshot in the cosmic, collective collage.
• Visionary Startup Founders
• Leading Investors
• Trailblazing Enterprise Leaders
The nation's most influential female founders and leaders are gathering in Chicago this November to celebrate our best and brightest. Join us and let's drive change together.
Enter your email below to receive updates and information on the WTF Awards and more.